These fine writers submitted compelling stories with enormous potential. Ultimately, there will be one Winner of the Kleer
Bros. Story to Screen Award, and Action On Film will present $25,000 toward the production of the Winner's'completed script,
as approved and produced by
Kleer Bros. Entertainment.
1. Storytellers interested in applying for the Kleer Bros. Story to Screen Awards should prepare a single PDF file consisting of a one sentence logline of their story, a synopsis of 2000 words or less, an artistic statement of 750 words or less, and a brief personal bio. Submissions must be written in English. Descriptions of all items in the submission package can be found HERE.
2. Entries will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Each story should be submitted by one writer. If your story is written by more than one writer, then one writer must be designated as the "principal writer" and this person is cosidered to be the the applicant for the award. The final deadline for entry is May 31, 2018. No entries will be accepted after May 31, 2018!
3. Each entry will be reviewed by Kleer Bros. Entertainment. During the selection process, you may be contacted to arrange for a phone call or Skype session with Kirk Ryde (please make sure your email is current!). This presents the opportunity for you to tell us more about yourself and your dreams as a writer, talk about the importance of your story to yourself and to the world, and to ask any questions you may have about the Story to Screen Awards.
4. At the conclusion of the selection process, we will annouce a group of semi-finalists, followed by the selection of three Finalists. The Finalists will be announced no later than July 31, 2018. These three Finalists will be the official Nominees for the Kleer Bros. Story to Screen Awards.
5. The winner of the Kleer Bros. Story to Screen Awards will be announced at AOF MEGAFest 2018. The other two Nominees will be announced as Runners Up.
Immediatly following AOFMegafest 2018, you will enter into Phase One of the Story to Screen Awards which is the writing of a feature length screenplay. Kirk Ryde will guide you through the screenwriting process, with the goal of helping you write a world class screenplay that can be produced on a very small budget. Kirk will mentor you using the same principles taught to him by his professors at UCLA where Kirk earned his MFA in Film and Television and won the Jack Nicholson Award for Screenwriting. You will be expected to complete your screenplay no later than December 1, 2018. If you write with passion and persistence, you can achieve the goal!
After you have completed your feature length screenplay, Kleer Bros. Entertainment will evaluate the script with an eye toward proceeding to Phase Two of the Story to Screen Awards, which is to produce a micro-budget feature film based on the script. At that time, Kleer Bros. will have the opportunity to make an offer to purchase the rights to produce your screenplay for $1,000 US (you will still retain other rights to your story). You may accept or decline this offer. If you accept the offer, then Phase Two begins and we're on our way toward creating a film of lasting beauty!
1. I hereby warrant that the written work I am submitting to the Kleer Bros. Story to Screen Awards is wholly original and written only by me, the rights to which are owned entirely and exclusively by me. I further warrant that this work is not encumbered by any other party, nor does it infringe on the rights of any other party.
2. I hereby warrant that I have read and understand the Submission & Selection Process, Writing Process, and Filmmaking Process described above, and I agree to all of the stipulations of those processes as stated above.
3. I hereby warrant that I am at least 18 years of age, and that I am legally empowered to enter the Story to Screen Awards, and to participate in the Processes described above if selected. I also warrant that I have received a Password from Action On Film which allows me to enter.
4. I hereby indemmify and hold harmless Kleer Bros. Entertainment from any claim or action regarding any written work submitted by me; further, I indemnify and hold harmless Kleer Bros. Entertainment from any claim or action regarding the Submission & Selection Process, Writing Process, or Filmmaking Process.
5. I understand that if I am selected as the Winner and complete Phase One of the Awards (The Writing Process), then Kleer Bros. Entertainment shall have the first right of refusal to make an offer of $1,000 USD to purchase the rights to produce my completed screenplay. If this offer is made, I may decline it or accept it; if I decline the offer then Phase Two of the Awards will not occur; if I accept the offer then Phase Two begins and Kleer Bros. Entertainment will produce a micro-budget feature film based on my script.
6. I understand and acklowledge that any agreement between myself and Kleer Bros. Entertainment related to the Story to Screen Awards shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA.
7. By clicking on the "I AGREE" link below, I warrant that I have read and agree to all of the Terms and Conditions stated above.